Updated: 5th January 2021
As we continue through this sustained period of transmission, the health, safety and well-being of our staff, customers and service-users is our top priority. We are continually monitoring the situation, talking with our customers and the health and safety experts, to ensure we are adapting, as necessary.
Medaco recognises the key role that we are playing in the healthcare sector, throughout this COVID-19 Pandemic. During the height of the pandemic, we continued to carry out routine servicing, maintenance and LOLER Inspections where possible, to ensure your equipment is safe to use and in working order when needed most.
We are aware of the uncertainties that surround us in the coming months and would like to reassure you that we have put proactive measures in place to help protect our customers, their service users, and our own staff. These include:
- Additional PPE – Throughout this time we continue to issue additional supplies of PPE to our field service engineers to reduce the risk of infection to your staff, service users and our engineers. These includes gloves, face masks, aprons, overalls, face shields, hand sanitiser and disinfectant. All engineers will adhere to the rules of the site they visit.
- Parts and spares – We are working to increase the stocks of commonly used spare parts on engineers’ vans to further increase our first fix rate. Coupled with this, we are also helping clients to implement a spend threshold on sites where engineers can change parts up to a certain value. These measures will reduce the need for return visits and the risk of additional unnecessary exposure.
- Additional training and briefings – We are providing regular training and briefing sessions with our field service engineers to ensure they are up to date with any regulations or procedures that affect their work and any changes that may come.
- COVID-19 testing for engineers – Medaco recognise that regular testing is vital in containing the virus. We are willing to comply with all necessary entry requirements and our engineers are often being tested several times a day.
- Updating Coronavirus protocols – The guidance and advice from the Government, PHE, WHO, NHS and HSE is constantly changing. Medaco will continue to closely follow and monitor the guidelines and update our protocols accordingly. These can be made available on request to email@example.com
- Site specific risk assessments – Engineers and our service teams have been briefed on the procedures to follow prior to each site visit. These include a risk assessment from both the site and the engineer, as well as regular checks and updates once a visit has been scheduled.
Continuing service and LOLER Inspections through COVID-19
Your equipment plays a critical part in the care and safety of your patients and we understand the frustration and disruption equipment downtime can cause. By putting the above measures in place and working closely with our customers, we want to reassure you that all our operations are currently continuing as normal.