Medaco Ltd, based in Bristol is a leading supplier of specialist equipment to the healthcare, care home, and education sectors. We are now looking for a Field Service Engineer to join the Medaco team.
At Medaco our Field Service Engineers represent the face of the company and they are the staff that are out in the marketplace every day. As a Field Service Engineer, you need to help to develop Medaco by observing and recording sales opportunities and suggesting new ways of how we can deliver real value to our customers.
Our Field Service Engineers are expected to conduct service/maintenance operations to a high standard. It’s essential that the successful candidate is proactive, tidy, reliable and honest with a real commitment to upholding Medaco’s reputation. This role includes the following:
The fulfillment of customer maintenance service contracts visits, including Annual Servicing and LOLER Inspections, interim Breakdown call-outs, Service follow-up work – to include:
- Load testing of equipment to loads 200Kg+ , in units of 25Kg
- Transferring weights and tools from van to trolley and maneuvering the loaded weight trolley round site
- Working from access equipment – Step ladders, Sherpa’s etc.
- Working on in-situ equipment – from Baths fitted to the floor, to Ceiling hoists fixing to the ceiling. Access can be limited and can involve bending, twisting, stretching, balancing
- Working with a range of power tools, and access equipment
- The delivery, assembly, and installation of goods & equipment as well as the collection of goods/equipment for off-site repairs
- Workshop based equipment repairs
- Stock control of parts and components
- Forward and efficient planning of all service and breakdown call-outs
- Equipment demonstrations to potential and existing customers and technical information support for customers via telephone
- Participation in out-of-hours call out rota including weekends and bank holidays
- Obtaining technical information support from suppliers
- Be a friendly, honest, professional face for the company when carrying out on-site work.
- To be sales orientated looking for opportunities to add additional items to service contracts and to sell replacement and additional equipment.
- Be proficient with software applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and have the necessary computer skills to be able to print and scan using IPhone etc.
- Full driving license and able to drive long distances as and when required.
How do I apply?
Medaco offers a competitive salary with benefits and a performance-related bonus. To apply for this position please send your CV and a brief covering letter to:
David Levine, Interim Service Manager, Medaco Ltd
Call :033 33 2233 44
NO AGENCIES PLEASE